By Lakhdar Brahimi,Thomas R. Pickering
Read Online or Download Afghanistan: Negotiating Peace PDF
Best war & peace books
The dramatic and eye-opening unique account of occasions that shook the country. At midday on may well four, 1970, a thirteen-second burst of gunfire remodeled the campus of Kent kingdom collage right into a nationwide nightmare. nationwide safeguard bullets killed 4 scholars and wounded 9. via dusk the campus was once evacuated and the varsity was once closed.
This ebook examines the main armed conflicts in South Asia. The articles examine clash administration, examine the path the armed clash is probably going to take and supply a suite of other measures that may be pursued via the actors. Designed as an annual sequence, the articles offer a short historic comic strip of the emergence of armed clash, outlining its quite a few stages.
Writer Angelo Codevilla asks, what's to be America’s peace? How is it to be received and preserved in our time? He notes that our government’s more and more limitless powers move partly from our statesmen’s lack of ability to stick out of wars or to win them and that our statesmen and teachers have ceased to contemplate such issues.
A compendium of proof and perceptions affecting American policies.
- Economics of Arms Reduction and the Peace Process: Contributions from Peace Economics and Peace Science
- Reconstructing Security after Conflict: Security Sector Reform in Sierra Leone (New Security Challenges)
- The Right To National Self-Defence
- Examining Education, Media, and Dialogue under Occupation: The Case of Palestine and Israel (Critical Language and Literacy Studies)
- Aftershock: Confronting Trauma in a Violent World, a Guide for Activists and Their Allies (Flashpoint)
- Proxy Warfare (War and Conflict in the Modern World)
Additional resources for Afghanistan: Negotiating Peace