By Arthur M. Langer
By Edward C. Baig,Bob LeVitus
Do you might have your eye on a new iPhone 6s or 6s Plus? Or do are you opting to make an older version run like new? both manner, iPhone For Dummies, 9th Edition is where to begin. This booklet has the step by step advice you must the way to use your phone's many gains and services. Newly up-to-date to hide either the newest gains you will find at the 6s and 6s Plus in addition to perennial iPhone beneficial properties that you're going to locate on all contemporary types, this revised textual content offers you hassle-free, but enjoyable directions, suggestions, and suggestion to lead you in profiting from all that the iPhone's know-how has to provide. You first start together with your iPhone by means of exploring its settings and lines. you then dive into particular themes that collect in a finished realizing of the way to navigate your new telephone, equivalent to utilizing the multi-touch interface, synching your information, utilizing iCloud, making cellphone calls, utilizing FaceTime, taking photographs and video clips, and more.
Since June of 2007, Apple has offered greater than 500 million iPhones. The good fortune of the iPhone is basically end result of the expertise that powers it—and it will be significant that you simply know how to exploit this expertise to navigate your telephone (and get each penny's worthy of performance out of it).
- Explore the fundamentals of your new iPhone, from utilizing the interface to organizing your schedule
- Discover multi-media functions of your mobilephone, reminiscent of the facility to surf the net, watch video clips, take heed to tune, etc.
- Keep your facts geared up and at your fingertips via iCloud and information synchronization
- Find and upload the apps that make your iPhone your sidekick for all you do in a day
iPhone For Dummies, 9th Edition, revised and able to advisor you thru the most recent applied sciences, is the fitting source if you are able to triumph over your new or older iPhone's many features.
By Kyle Mew
- Master the hugely acclaimed fabric layout paradigm and provides your apps and pages the glance that everybody is conversing about
- Get a mixture of key theoretical strategies mixed with sufficient functional examples to place every one conception into perform so that you can create based fabric interfaces with Android Studio and Polymer
- Written through Kyle Mew, winning writer with over a decade of cellular and internet improvement event, this ebook has either the contact of a developer in addition to an skilled writer
Google's fabric layout language has taken the net improvement and layout worlds via hurricane. Now to be had on many extra systems than Android, fabric layout makes use of colour, mild, and pursuits not to in simple terms generate appealing interfaces, yet to supply intuitive navigation for the user.
Learning fabric layout will train you the basic theories of fabric layout utilizing code samples to place those theories into practice.
Focusing totally on Android Studio, you will create cellular interfaces utilizing the main well-known and robust fabric parts, akin to sliding drawers and floating motion buttons. each one part will introduce the suitable Java sessions and APIs required to enforce those parts. With the foundations relating to constitution, format, iconography, and typography coated, we then movement into animation and transition, in all likelihood fabric Design's strongest proposal, permitting advanced hierarchies to be displayed easily and stylishly.
With the entire uncomplicated applied sciences and ideas mastered, the e-book concludes by way of displaying you ways those talents will be utilized to different systems, specifically internet apps, utilizing the strong Polymer library.
What you are going to learn
- Implement fabric layout on either cellular and net structures that paintings on older handsets and browsers
- Design trendy layouts with the cloth Theme
- Create and deal with playing cards, lists, and grids
- Design and enforce sliding drawers for seamless navigation
- Coordinate parts to paintings together
- Animate widgets and create transitions and animation application flow
- Use Polymer to convey fabric layout on your internet pages
About the Author
Kyle Mew has been programming because the early eighties and has written for numerous expertise web content. He has additionally written 3 radio performs and different books on Android development.
Table of Contents
- Getting began with fabric Design
- Building a cellular Layout
- Common Components
- Sliding Drawers and Navigation
- Lists, playing cards, and Data
- Animations and Transitions
- Material on different Devices
- Material internet Frameworks
- The Materialize Framework
- Material layout Lite
By Fabio Paterno
By Fabrizio Boco
Integrate the Arduino and iOS structures to layout awesome real-world tasks to feel and regulate exterior devices
About This Book
- Cover the main customary equipment within the net of items utilizing Arduino and iOS integration via wireless defend and the BLE Breakout board
- Design 5 real-world tasks together with of electronics, Arduino code, and an iOS program that seamlessly paintings together
- A exact consultant that covers numerous sensors and actuators wherein Arduino interacts with the area together with a gentle sensor, corridor impression sensor, accelerometer, servo motor, DC motor, and TRIAC for energy line loads
Who This ebook Is For
This ebook is a technical advisor for Arduino and iOS builders who've a uncomplicated wisdom of the 2 structures yet are looking to how one can combine them. The ebook incorporates a lot of exterior references to extra documentation and studying fabrics, so whether you're much less skilled, you could increase your wisdom at the matters covered.
What you are going to Learn
- Design circuits with Arduino utilizing sensors and actuators
- Write code to deal with analog and electronic sensors with the main used protocols together with OneWire, I2C, and SPI)
- Store facts on SD Card and in EEPROM
- Build iOS functions utilizing the MCV development and the UIKit components
- Allow your functions to regulate Arduino and its hooked-up devices
- Manage TCP/IP, UDP, and Bluetooth BLE verbal exchange among Arduino and iOS devices
- Make your iOS program reap the benefits of the sensors to be had within the iOS units together with accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass
- Develop iOS functions that use iBeacons
Arduino and iOS units have reached broad attractiveness because of their uncomplicated manner of use and adaptability. for this reason, their integration opens up new possibilities, permitting all people to construct units which are super worthwhile in daily life.
You will first tips on how to keep watch over Arduino from an iPhone or iPad by way of writing the Arduino caricature, the iOS software, and integrating every thing jointly through wireless or Bluetooth BLE. you are going to then know about numerous parts that have interaction with the Arduino akin to electronic and analog I/O, wireless defend, Bluetooth BLE, SD card, OneWire, I2C, etc. additionally, you will know about iOS, together with the improvement of an software from scratch, GUI layout and MVC, UIKit, iOS sensors, TCP and Bluetooth BLE verbal exchange, and more.
All the tasks are defined intimately, supplying you with a studying instrument, not only a few sketches or a few iOS code to copy.
Style and approach
This is a project-based e-book with a step by step consultant that covers every little thing you want to construct an Arduino-iOS undertaking, correct from defining the elemental standards to the coding and trying out the whole undertaking. every one bankruptcy ends with rules on the best way to increase the venture and to regularly research the subjects covered.
By Ronan Schwarz,Phil Dutson,James Steele,Nelson To
This version has been broadly up to date to mirror the opposite Android 4.2.2 releases. You’ll locate all-new chapters on complicated threading and UI improvement, in-app billing, push messages, and local improvement, plus new recommendations for every thing from getting access to NFC to utilizing Google Cloud Messaging.
Proven modular recipes take you from the fundamentals all of the solution to complex providers, assisting you to utilize the most recent Android APIs and instruments. The authors’ absolutely up-to-date code samples are designed to function templates on your personal tasks and parts. You’ll study best-practice options for successfully fixing universal difficulties and for fending off pitfalls in the course of the complete improvement lifecycle. assurance includes
- Organizing Android apps and integrating their actions
- Working successfully with providers, receivers, and alerts
- Managing threads, together with complicated options utilizing AsyncTasks and loaders
- Building strong, intuitive person interfaces
- Implementing complex UI good points, together with customized perspectives, animation, accessibility, and massive monitor support
- Capturing, enjoying, and manipulating media
- Interacting with SMS, web pages, and social networks
- Storing information through SQLite and different methods
- Integrating in-app billing utilizing Google Play services
- Managing push messaging with C2DM
- Leveraging new elements and constructions for local Android development
- Efficiently checking out and debugging with Android’s most recent instruments and strategies, together with LINT code analysis
The Android ™ Developer’s Cookbook, moment version, is all you must jumpstart any Android undertaking, and create high-value, feature-rich apps that sell.
By Hans-Eric Grnlund,Joseph Hoffman,Shawn Grimes,Colin Francis
The recipes incorporated during this ebook are huge in scope and feature been aimed toward the pro developer. you can find transparent and concise code samples accompanying every one recipe, and you'll be provided with state-of-the-art suggestions that bring on the simplest that the iOS 7 SDK has to provide. The recipes include:
- Working with automobile structure to construct versatile person interfaces that adapt to various monitor sizes
- Building purposes that include multimedia
- Building location-aware apps
- Understanding most sensible practices for software layout and improvement
You'll locate this booklet to be an integral reference for all of your iOS development.
By Paul McFedries
As effortless and intuitive because the iPhone is, it truly is extra advanced than such a lot folks realize—and what is larger than studying all of the insider suggestions and methods with the iPhone transportable Genius, 3rd version? even if you are simply beginning out together with your first iPhone or upgrading to a more moderen version, this full-color advisor may have you tapping, swiping, and typing like an Apple genius very quickly. you can find crucial information regarding iOS, Siri, iCloud, and the way to exploit your telephone to control, arrange, and navigate your existence.
Written in transparent, no-nonsense language, iPhone transportable Genius, 3rd Edition deals specialist counsel and methods that might prevent time and hassles—and assist you free up your entire machine has to supply. Designed for the visible learner, it offers lots of full-color screenshots that illustrate precisely what you will see and do in your iPhone. Plus, 'Genius Icons' during the textual content spotlight smarter, extra leading edge how one can do what you want to do. So what are you looking forward to? every thing you must really utilize your iPhone is right here.
- Connect to a community, configure your settings, and paintings with iCloud
- Max out the media good points, surf the internet, and payment your e-mail
- Manage your contacts, appointments, e-books, and libraries
- Sync your apps, pictures, song, and more
By Qing Yang,Wei Yu,Yacine Challal
By Javier Campos,Boudewijn R. Haverkort