By Sumantra Bose
Read or Download Contested Lands: Israel-Palestine, Kashmir, Bosnia, Cyprus and Sri Lanka PDF
Best war & peace books
The dramatic and eye-opening unique account of occasions that shook the state. At midday on may perhaps four, 1970, a thirteen-second burst of gunfire remodeled the campus of Kent country collage right into a nationwide nightmare. nationwide defend bullets killed 4 scholars and wounded 9. via dusk the campus was once evacuated and the college was once closed.
This publication examines the key armed conflicts in South Asia. The articles research clash administration, examine the course the armed clash is probably going to take and supply a suite of other measures which may be pursued by way of the actors. Designed as an annual sequence, the articles supply a quick historic comic strip of the emergence of armed clash, outlining its numerous stages.
Writer Angelo Codevilla asks, what's to be America’s peace? How is it to be received and preserved in our time? He notes that our government’s more and more limitless powers movement partly from our statesmen’s lack of ability to stick out of wars or to win them and that our statesmen and lecturers have ceased to consider such issues.
A compendium of evidence and perceptions affecting American policies.
- Failed States and the Origins of Violence: A Comparative Analysis of State Failure as a Root Cause of Terrorism and Political Violence
- Overcoming Obstacles to Peace: Local Factors in Nation-Building
- Saudi Arabia and Iran: Friends or Foes?
- Globalization, War, and Peace in the Twenty-first Century
- Making the World Safe for Capitalism: How Iraq Threatened the US Economic Empire and had to be Destroyed
- Peacekeeping in South Sudan: One Year of Lessons from Under the Blue Beret
Extra resources for Contested Lands: Israel-Palestine, Kashmir, Bosnia, Cyprus and Sri Lanka