By Nader Ahmadi,Arne Ljungqvist,Göran Svedsäter
Doping – using performance-enhancing ingredients and strategies – has lengthy been a high-profile factor in activity yet in recent times it has additionally develop into a topic in wider society. this significant new ebook examines doping as a public health and wellbeing factor, drawing on a multi-disciplinary set of views to discover the superiority, value and outcomes of doping in wider society. It introduces the epidemiology of doping, examines the historic context, and explores the social, behavioural, felony, moral and political facets of doping. The booklet additionally discusses attainable interventions for addressing the matter on organisational and societal degrees.
Doping and Public Health accommodates the newest learn to supply a finished consultant to the foremost features of doping as a social phenomenon. Divided into six components, this choice of reports bargains particular perception into:
- ideals of healthiness and health in today’s society
- reasons at the back of using doping
- medical and social results of doping
- the significance of a doping-free society
- challenges to the detection and prevention of doping
- the worldwide anti-doping stream.
This e-book is a useful source for activity scholars, teachers and recreation execs, and also will be of curiosity to educators and policy-makers operating within the parts of future health, criminology, sociology and legislation.
Read Online or Download Doping and Public Health PDF
Similar recovery books
Why is governance of habit so tricky? What do we study from fresh stories and efforts in Europe? Governance of Addictions analyses the multidisciplinary learn which has been used as a framework for figuring out how governments formulate and enforce dependancy guidelines in 27 ecu Union member states plus Norway, taking a look intimately at 4 ingredients: heroin, hashish, alcohol and tobacco.
"Dancing within the Kitchen is stuffed with suggestion and encouragement for an individual challenged via their dating with nutrients. Colleen Duffy-Someck stocks her twenty-year fight with an consuming ailment and the trail she took to discover whole restoration. The instruments she bargains can help make lasting way of life adjustments with grace and simplicity.
Examine has continually proven that there's a hyperlink among caregiver substance use and baby maltreatment, yet much less recognition has been given to baby trauma publicity. The co-occurrence of caregiver substance misuse and baby trauma publicity is a triumphing challenge that has confounded social paintings prevention, defense, and remedy efforts with either young children and adults for years.
Who stops ingesting on New Year’s Eve? ! the main sanctioned excuse - very likely ever - for crucial drunkenness? good, Tenley summer season for one. She had already stopped too again and again to count number. preventing wasn’t the matter. Staying stopped was once. And but, in 2010, she eventually succeeds. Like Lewis Carroll’s Alice, Tenley reports a life-changing rabbit second that also is white (just concerning mild rather than critters).
- After the Tears: Helping Adult Children of Alcoholics Heal Their Childhood Trauma
- Impact of Addictive Substances and Behaviours on Individual and Societal Well-being (Governance Of Addictive Substances & Behaviours)
- ¡No Gracias, No Fumo!: El Libro para dejar de fumar. Los 10 pasos para abandonar el cigarrillo. Basado en experiencias reales. Asombrosamente inteligente. Genial… (Spanish Edition)
- Her Place Was With God: The Road to Gods Promises
- The Final Freedom: Pioneering Sexual Addiction Recovery
- Addiction and Self-Control: Perspectives from Philosophy, Psychology, and Neuroscience (Oxford Series in Neuroscience, Law, and Philosophy)
Additional resources for Doping and Public Health