By Friedhelm Goltenboth,Kris H. Timotius,Paciencia P. Milan,Josef Margraf
* makes a speciality of the tropical ecology and insular ecosystems and biodiversity of Indonesia, in addition to the agroecology of humid tropics
* includes over three hundred figures
* offers a longer word list and bibliography, in addition to tables of abbreviations, converstion elements, foreign method of devices and a geological agenda
* Easy-to-use index offers entry to special key terms used in the course of the textual content
Read Online or Download Ecology of Insular Southeast Asia: The Indonesian Archipelago PDF
Best ecology books
Oases of lifestyles round black people who smoke and hydrocarbon seeps within the deep-sea have been one of the such a lot dazzling medical discoveries of the prior 3 a long time. those ecosystems are ruled through animals having symbiotic relationships with chemoautotrophic micro organism. Their learn constructed into a global, interdisciplinary enterprise the place scientists advance new applied sciences to paintings in essentially the most severe locations on the earth.
North the USA includes an exceptionally varied array of traditional environments, each one aiding specified structures of plant and animal existence. those platforms, the biggest of that are biomes, shape complex webs of lifestyles that experience taken millennia to conform. This richly illustrated ebook introduces readers to this striking array of average groups and their refined organic and geological interactions.
The most vital hotspots of herpetological biodiversity within the usa, California is domestic to many endemic amphibians and reptiles discovered nowhere else in the world. a lot of those taxa have specific ecological and morphological specializations, and their administration is a vital conservation problem.
The sector of city environmental background is a comparatively new one, but it really is swiftly relocating to the vanguard of scholarly examine and is the point of interest of a lot interdisciplinary paintings. Given the environmental difficulties dealing with the trendy global it's might be unsurprising that historians, geographers, political, usual and social scientists may still more and more examine the environmental difficulties confronted by way of prior generations, and the way they have been looked and replied to.
- Soil Tillage in Agroecosystems (Advances in Agroecology)
- Global Risk-Based Management of Chemical Additives I: Production, Usage and Environmental Occurrence (The Handbook of Environmental Chemistry)
- Polar Lakes and Rivers: Limnology of Arctic and Antarctic Aquatic Ecosystems (Oxford Biology)
- Sowing Seeds in the City: Human Dimensions
- Earthworm Ecology, Second Edition
- Integral Ecology: Uniting Multiple Perspectives on the Natural World
Extra resources for Ecology of Insular Southeast Asia: The Indonesian Archipelago