By Brian K. Hall
- Commemoration of the one hundred and fiftieth anniverary of Sir Richard Owen's seminal paper distinguishing homology from analogy
- Contributors who're well known leaders in compative biology
- Coverage that's either complete and interdisciplinary
Read Online or Download Homology: The Hierarchial Basis of Comparative Biology PDF
Best ecology books
Oases of lifestyles round black people who smoke and hydrocarbon seeps within the deep-sea have been one of the so much remarkable clinical discoveries of the previous 3 a long time. those ecosystems are ruled by way of animals having symbiotic relationships with chemoautotrophic micro organism. Their learn constructed into a global, interdisciplinary enterprise the place scientists boost new applied sciences to paintings in one of the most severe areas in the world.
North the United States comprises an exceptionally varied array of typical environments, every one assisting detailed platforms of plant and animal existence. those structures, the most important of that are biomes, shape tricky webs of existence that experience taken millennia to conform. This richly illustrated publication introduces readers to this notable array of normal groups and their sophisticated organic and geological interactions.
Essentially the most vital hotspots of herpetological biodiversity within the usa, California is domestic to many endemic amphibians and reptiles came across nowhere else in the world. a lot of those taxa have designated ecological and morphological specializations, and their administration is a crucial conservation problem.
The sphere of city environmental heritage is a comparatively new one, but it truly is quickly relocating to the leading edge of scholarly study and is the focal point of a lot interdisciplinary paintings. Given the environmental difficulties dealing with the fashionable international it's possibly unsurprising that historians, geographers, political, usual and social scientists may still more and more examine the environmental difficulties confronted through prior generations, and the way they have been looked and spoke back to.
- Mathematical Modelling of Environmental and Ecological Systems (Developments in Environmental Modelling)
- Biogeography of the West Indies: Patterns and Perspectives, Second Edition
- Subterranean Rodents: News from Underground
- Biological Fixation of Nitrogen for Ecology and Sustainable Agriculture (Nato ASI Subseries G:)
- Sensory Ecology, Behaviour, and Evolution
Extra info for Homology: The Hierarchial Basis of Comparative Biology