By Martín M. Kowalewski,Paul A. Garber,Liliana Cortés-Ortiz,Bernardo Urbani,Dionisios Youlatos
Howler monkeys (genus Alouatta) comprise twelve species of leaf-eating New international monkeys that variety from southern Mexico via northern Argentina. This genus is the main frequent of any New international primate taxa, and will be discovered to inhabit a number wooded area varieties from undisturbed rainforest to significantly anthropogenically impacted woodland fragments. even though there were many reviews on person species of howler monkeys, this e-book is the 1st finished quantity to put info on howler habit and biology inside of a theoretical framework of ecological and social adaptability. This is the second one of 2 volumes dedicated to the genus Alouatta.
· Examines behavioral and physiological mechanisms that let howler monkeys to take advantage of hugely disturbed and fragmented habitats
· provides types of howler monkey nutrition, social association, and mating platforms that may also inform researchers studying Old international colobines, apes, and different tropical mammals
These ambitions are accomplished in a suite of chapters written by way of a exotic staff of scientists at the feeding ecology, habit, mating recommendations, and administration and conservation of howlers. This book additionally includes chapters at the howler microbiome, the concept that of behavioral variability, sexual choice, and the position of primates in woodland regeneration.
Read Online or Download Howler Monkeys: Behavior, Ecology, and Conservation (Developments in Primatology: Progress and Prospects) PDF
Best ecology books
Oases of lifestyles round black people who smoke and hydrocarbon seeps within the deep-sea have been one of the such a lot fantastic clinical discoveries of the earlier 3 many years. those ecosystems are ruled via animals having symbiotic relationships with chemoautotrophic micro organism. Their learn constructed into a global, interdisciplinary enterprise the place scientists improve new applied sciences to paintings in probably the most severe locations in the world.
North the United States comprises a very assorted array of traditional environments, every one assisting precise structures of plant and animal lifestyles. those platforms, the biggest of that are biomes, shape complicated webs of lifestyles that experience taken millennia to adapt. This richly illustrated e-book introduces readers to this impressive array of average groups and their refined organic and geological interactions.
Probably the most vital hotspots of herpetological biodiversity within the usa, California is domestic to many endemic amphibians and reptiles came across nowhere else on the earth. a lot of those taxa have specific ecological and morphological specializations, and their administration is a crucial conservation problem.
The sector of city environmental background is a comparatively new one, but it really is quickly relocating to the vanguard of scholarly learn and is the point of interest of a lot interdisciplinary paintings. Given the environmental difficulties dealing with the fashionable global it really is probably unsurprising that historians, geographers, political, ordinary and social scientists may still more and more examine the environmental difficulties confronted through past generations, and the way they have been appeared and answered to.
- Agroforestry - The Future of Global Land Use: 9 (Advances in Agroforestry)
- Strategic Management of Marine Ecosystems: Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Study Institute on Strategic Management of Marine Ecosystems, Nice, France, ... October, 2003: 50 (Nato Science Series: IV:)
- Ecosystem Sustainability and Global Change (Oceanography and Marine Biology Series - Seas and Oceans)
- Multifunctional Agriculture: Achieving Sustainable Development in Africa
- Oceans and Human Health: Implications for Society and Well-Being
Additional info for Howler Monkeys: Behavior, Ecology, and Conservation (Developments in Primatology: Progress and Prospects)