By Edwin S. Iversen
Read or Download Living Marine Resources: Their Utilization and Management PDF
Best ecology books
Oases of existence round black people who smoke and hydrocarbon seeps within the deep-sea have been one of the such a lot marvelous clinical discoveries of the prior 3 many years. those ecosystems are ruled through animals having symbiotic relationships with chemoautotrophic micro organism. Their learn built into a world, interdisciplinary enterprise the place scientists improve new applied sciences to paintings in probably the most severe areas in the world.
North the USA comprises an exceptionally different array of usual environments, every one assisting specified structures of plant and animal lifestyles. those structures, the most important of that are biomes, shape complicated webs of existence that experience taken millennia to conform. This richly illustrated booklet introduces readers to this outstanding array of normal groups and their refined organic and geological interactions.
Essentially the most vital hotspots of herpetological biodiversity within the usa, California is domestic to many endemic amphibians and reptiles came upon nowhere else in the world. a lot of those taxa have distinctive ecological and morphological specializations, and their administration is a vital conservation problem.
The sector of city environmental historical past is a comparatively new one, but it's speedily relocating to the leading edge of scholarly examine and is the focal point of a lot interdisciplinary paintings. Given the environmental difficulties dealing with the fashionable global it really is might be unsurprising that historians, geographers, political, usual and social scientists may still more and more examine the environmental difficulties confronted through earlier generations, and the way they have been looked and answered to.
- Residue Reviews (Reviews of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology)
- Evolution of Gibbons and Siamang: Phylogeny, Morphology, and Cognition (Developments in Primatology: Progress and Prospects)
- Advances in Ecological Research: 24
- Die Rolle der Hecke als Ökosystem und ihr Einsatz im Schulgartenunterricht der Grundschule: Ökologie und Schutz der Biotope (German Edition)
- People in Nature: Wildlife Conservation in South and Central America
- Geoenvironmental Engineering: Contaminated Soils, Pollutant Fate, and Mitigation (New Directions in Civil Engineering)
Extra resources for Living Marine Resources: Their Utilization and Management