By Barbara G. Walker,D.M. Murdock,Acharya S
In this outstanding assortment, Walker turns a severe eye towards:
• faith as titanic business
• Religion's results on children
• The Bible as a "moral consultant" and "history"
• Biblical infallibility
• The doctrine of "original sin"
• The biblical angle in the direction of sexuality
• God as "Father"
• Church doctrine relating to women
• Church heritage vis-à-vis the darkish a long time, Inquisition, and e-book- and witch-burning
• Christian afterlife traditions
• conventional Christian origins
• and lots more and plenty more…
A fabulous exposé of the lengthy misplaced background of non secular ideology, together with goddess worship, and a scathing indictment of the male-dominated cultus, this frank and unparalleled research unveils mysteries that experience at a loss for words mankind for millennia and unravels harmful non secular ideologies which have been plaguing humanity for both long.
Barbara G. Walker can be the writer of "The Woman's Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred Objects," "The Crone," "Feminist Fairy Tales," "The booklet of Sacred Stones," and different superb works.
Read or Download Man Made God: A Collection of Essays PDF
Similar church history books
This assortment explores the crucial theological idea of covenant. it's been produced in honor of Dr. R. Larry Shelton, revered pupil and loved husband, father, colleague, and pal. Covenant--the unifying topic of this book--is a subject matter to which Dr. Shelton committed significant recognition over his forty-five-year occupation as a student and instructor.
The 1st significant research to attract upon unknown or overlooked assets, in addition to unique interviews with figures like Billy Graham, Awakening the Evangelical brain uniquely tells the enticing tale of ways evangelicalism constructed as an highbrow flow in the course of the twentieth century. starting with the lifetime of Harold Ockenga, Strachan exhibits how Ockenga introduced jointly a small group of Christian students at Harvard college within the Forties who agitated for a reloaded Christian mind.
The evolution of Christianity because it is understood at the present time all started in Antioch, yet as changing into Christian finds, it had as soon as been particularly assorted. whereas so much histories gloss over the earliest interval of Christianity to start with the Christian institution, this publication uncovers the little-known historical past in the "gap" among 31 and 70 CE, whilst the Jesus flow was once established in Jerusalem below the authority of James bar Joseph, the brother of Jesus, and the apostles served as missionaries sporting the lessons of Jesus all through Judea, Galilee, and Samaria.
Come to grasp the home of the Virgin Mary which, in keeping with numberless saints, ratings of popes, and lots of reputable records of the Vatican (and to guard it from the depredations of the Saracens) used to be within the past due 1200s miraculously transported from Mary’s village of Nazareth to a hillside in Italy.
- The Theology of Post-Reformation Lutheranism: Volume I
- Passion for Nothing: Kierkegaard's Apophatic Theology
- His Broken Body: Understanding and Healing the Schism between the Roman Catholic
- Damasus, Bischof von Rom (366-384): Leben und Werk (Studien und Texte zu Antike und Christentum /Studies and Texts in Antiquity and Christianity) (German Edition)
- Re-appropriating “Marvelous Fables”: Justin Martyr’s Strategic Retrieval of Myth in 1 Apology
- The Theodicy of Peter Taylor Forsyth: A “Crucial” Justification of the Ways of God to Man
Extra resources for Man Made God: A Collection of Essays