Modular Programming with Python by Erik Westra
By Erik Westra
- The publication may assist you increase succinct, expressive courses utilizing modular deign
- The booklet could clarify most sensible practices and customary idioms via rigorously defined and established examples
- It may have extensive charm so far as audience is worried and there will be remove for all newbies to Python
Python has developed through the years and has develop into the first collection of builders in a variety of fields. the aim of this booklet is to assist readers improve readable, trustworthy, and maintainable courses in Python.
Starting with an advent to the idea that of modules and programs, this e-book indicates how one can use those development blocks to prepare a posh application into logical elements and ensure these elements are operating competently together.
Using basically written, real-world examples, this booklet demonstrates how one can use modular options to construct higher courses. a couple of universal modular programming styles are coated, together with divide-and-conquer, abstraction, encapsulation, wrappers and extensibility. additionally, you will how one can attempt your modules and programs, tips on how to arrange your code for sharing with other folks, and the way to submit your modules and applications on GitHub and the Python package deal Index in order that other folks can use them. eventually, you are going to how one can use modular layout strategies to be a greater programmer.
What you are going to learn
- Learn the best way to use modules and programs to prepare your Python code
- Understand how you can use the import assertion to load modules and programs into your program
- Use universal module styles corresponding to abstraction and encapsulation to jot down greater programs
- Discover find out how to create self-testing Python packages
- Create reusable modules that different programmers can use
- Learn find out how to use GitHub and the Python package deal Index to percentage your code with different people
- Make use of modules and applications that others have written
- Use modular recommendations to construct strong structures that may deal with complexity and altering specifications over time
About the Author
Erik Westra has been a qualified software program developer for over 25 years, and has labored virtually completely in Python for the prior decade. Erik's early curiosity in graphical consumer interface layout resulted in the improvement of 1 of the main complex pressing courier dispatch platforms utilized by messenger and courier businesses all over the world. in recent times, Erik has been keen on the layout and implementation of structures matching seekers and services of products and prone throughout quite a number geographical parts, in addition to real-time messaging and funds platforms. This paintings has integrated the construction of real-time geocoders and map-based perspectives of continually altering facts. Erik relies in New Zealand, and works for firms worldwide.
Erik is additionally the writer of the Packt titles Python Geospatial improvement, Python Geospatial research, and construction Mapping functions with QGIS.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Modular Programming
- Writing Your First Modular Program
- Using Modules and Packages
- Using Modules for Real-World Programming
- Working with Module Patterns
- Creating Reusable Modules
- Advanced Module Techniques
- Testing and Deploying Modules
- Modular Programming as a starting place for solid Programming Technique
Read or Download Modular Programming with Python PDF
Best computer systems analysis & design books
SOA Principles of Service Design (The Prentice Hall Service Technology Series from Thomas Erl)
The Definitive advisor to carrier Engineering the most important to succeeding with service-oriented structure (SOA) is in comprehending the that means and importance of its so much basic development block: the provider. it's via an realizing of provider layout that actually “service-oriented” resolution good judgment should be created in aid of attaining the strategic objectives linked to SOA and service-oriented computing.
Client4Cloud: Desktop Transformation to User Centric Universal Clients
There's a conflict within the cloud that's situated round the transformation from static machines to consumer centric platforms. Client4Cloud is the fruits of top practices from clients, owners, and specialists that experience embarked upon the adventure to rework their computers into common consumers. the 1st quantity, computer Transformation to common consumers is for people that are on their first or fourth try and enforce customer virtualization suggestions.
Advances in Biometrics for Secure Human Authentication and Recognition
Even though biometric structures current strong choices to conventional authentication schemes, there are nonetheless many issues approximately their safeguard. Advances in Biometrics for safe Human Authentication and popularity showcases a number of the newest applied sciences and algorithms getting used for human authentication and popularity.
Software Architecture with Python
Key FeaturesIdentify layout matters and make the required changes to accomplish superior performanceUnderstand sensible architectural caliber attributes from the viewpoint of a practising engineer and architect utilizing PythonGain wisdom of architectural ideas and the way they are often used to supply responsibility and reason for architectural decisionsBook DescriptionThis e-book starts by means of explaining how Python matches into an program structure.
- Applying Design for Six Sigma to Software and Hardware Systems
- Reconfigurable System Design and Verification
- The Laws of Software Process: A New Model for the Production and Management of Software
- Reconfigurable System Design and Verification
- Robust Model-Based Fault Diagnosis for Dynamic Systems (The International Series on Asian Studies in Computer and Information Science)
- Designing Software Architectures: A Practical Approach (SEI Series in Software Engineering)
Additional info for Modular Programming with Python