By Elizabeth A. Johnson,Michael W. Klemens
Read or Download Nature in Fragments: The Legacy of Sprawl (American Museum of Natural History Series on Biodiversity) PDF
Best ecology books
Oases of existence round black people who smoke and hydrocarbon seeps within the deep-sea have been one of the so much fantastic medical discoveries of the earlier 3 a long time. those ecosystems are ruled via animals having symbiotic relationships with chemoautotrophic micro organism. Their learn constructed into a world, interdisciplinary enterprise the place scientists increase new applied sciences to paintings in essentially the most severe areas on the earth.
North the US comprises a very diversified array of typical environments, every one aiding precise structures of plant and animal lifestyles. those platforms, the biggest of that are biomes, shape elaborate webs of existence that experience taken millennia to conform. This richly illustrated e-book introduces readers to this remarkable array of typical groups and their sophisticated organic and geological interactions.
Probably the most vital hotspots of herpetological biodiversity within the usa, California is domestic to many endemic amphibians and reptiles chanced on nowhere else on the earth. a lot of those taxa have precise ecological and morphological specializations, and their administration is a crucial conservation problem.
The sphere of city environmental heritage is a comparatively new one, but it truly is swiftly relocating to the vanguard of scholarly examine and is the point of interest of a lot interdisciplinary paintings. Given the environmental difficulties dealing with the fashionable global it really is maybe unsurprising that historians, geographers, political, ordinary and social scientists may still more and more examine the environmental difficulties confronted via earlier generations, and the way they have been looked and answered to.
- The Evolution of Exudativory in Primates (Developments in Primatology: Progress and Prospects)
- Thinking about Animals in the Age of the Anthropocene (Ecocritical Theory and Practice)
- Fishes and Forestry: Worldwide Watershed Interactions and Management
- Handbook of Climate Change and Agroecosystems:Global and Regional Aspects and Implications — Joint Publication with the American Society of Agronomy, Crop ... Change Impacts, Adaptation, and Mitigation)
- Sustaining Young Forest Communities: Ecology and Management of early successional habitats in the central hardwood region, USA: 21 (Managing Forest Ecosystems)
Additional resources for Nature in Fragments: The Legacy of Sprawl (American Museum of Natural History Series on Biodiversity)