By C. Cockburn
Read or Download Antimilitarism: Political and Gender Dynamics of Peace Movements PDF
Best war & peace books
The dramatic and eye-opening unique account of occasions that shook the country. At midday on could four, 1970, a thirteen-second burst of gunfire reworked the campus of Kent nation collage right into a nationwide nightmare. nationwide safeguard bullets killed 4 scholars and wounded 9. through dusk the campus was once evacuated and the varsity was once closed.
This ebook examines the main armed conflicts in South Asia. The articles examine clash administration, examine the path the armed clash is probably going to take and supply a suite of different measures which may be pursued via the actors. Designed as an annual sequence, the articles supply a quick historic caricature of the emergence of armed clash, outlining its a variety of stages.
Writer Angelo Codevilla asks, what's to be America’s peace? How is it to be gained and preserved in our time? He notes that our government’s more and more limitless powers circulate partially from our statesmen’s lack of ability to stick out of wars or to win them and that our statesmen and teachers have ceased to consider such issues.
A compendium of proof and perceptions affecting American policies.
- Crouching Tiger: What China's Militarism Means for the World
- Roots of Revolution: The Press and Social Change in Latin America
- International Organisations and Peace Enforcement: The Politics of International Legitimacy
- The Trouble with the Congo (Cambridge Studies in International Relations)
- Determinants of Success in UN Peacekeeping Operations
Additional info for Antimilitarism: Political and Gender Dynamics of Peace Movements